The Patient Participation Group consist of a small group of patients whose primary aim is to represent the interests of patients generally to the professionals in the practice and when necessary to other bodies. We meet regularly with the doctors and practice manager in a non-clinical setting. They ask for our comments on new ideas, and we act, when necessary, as a ‘critical friend’. We also aim to help in the dissemination of information to patients and put out occasional leaflets and newsletters.
Here are just a few of the initiatives with which we have been involved:
- We produce annual newsletters which we widely hand deliver in the local area. Click here to download the latest copy. PPG_Newsletter_Spring_2020
- We held a Health and Wellbeing event in 2014 and the Red Cross ran a First Aid for Carers event for us in 2015.
- We have talked through with the practice innovations such as online appointments and prescription ordering, the introduction of credit cards prior to their introduction and parking issues.
- We have raised issues on a number of topics with the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) for Guildford and Waverley and the local hospitals; we worked to save the dispensary at one of the surgeries; to save the local bus; and to improve parking at the Royal Surrey County Hospital.
- Currently we are having input in the decisions in relation to the Surrey Stoke Stroke Overview and the closure of the Haslemere Dementia Care Day Centre.
Virtual Patient Participation Group (VPPG)
- Do you have something to say but don’t have the time to attend meetings?
- Do you have ideas about how you would like to see services provided or improved?
- If so then would you like to join our Virtual Patient Participation Group?
- This is a group which will provide a chance for patients to be involved in a Patient Group but who do not wish to or are unable to attend meetings.
You will receive occasional emails asking for your opinion on a range of topics.
By doing this you will help the practice to provide an accessible and responsive service and you will benefit from getting practice news and updates.
Our new Friends of Witley and Milford Practice
The PPG works as a critical friend for the practice and doesn’t fundraise and we don’t have fundraising expertise.
If you have any experience in fundraising and would like to be part of a new Friends of Witley and Milford Practice could you let us know and we’ll see if we can get something off the ground?
We have been asked if we could fundraise for a Doppler machine which provides non-invasive tests and assesses the blood flow in lower limbs prior to applying compression bandaging or hosiery. This machine would be more accurate and quicker than the present handheld version. It’s a very good case but the machine costs £3,000.
If we succeed in this I’m sure there will be more requests.
If you are interested please email the PPG at email@example.com or phone Julie Grist on 01428 683448